GMC Acadia Towing Capacity
When you’re looking for a family-friendly, mid-sized SUV with seating for five, six, or seven, consider the GMC Acadia. With five trim levels to the SL, SLE, SLT, AT4, and Denali, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from. With a solid powertrain, optional engines, drivetrains, and add-on packages, you’ll find that the GMC Acadia is a mighty SUV with an impressive towing capacity. Enjoy exploring the different trim levels of the Acadia to help you find the perfect one to fit your needs and lifestyle.
The base Acadia SL carries a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that delivers 193 horsepower and 188 pound-feet of torque. A nine-speed automatic transmission pairs with the 2.5-liter engine and for the drivetrain, you get front-wheel drive. You can tow a small boat or trailer with the SL, as it has a towing capacity of 1,000 pounds.
The next trim level, the SLE, features the same 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with the option to choose the 3.6-liter V-6 engine that puts out 310 horsepower and 271 pound-feet of torque. The SLE has an optional part-time or full-time all-wheel drive in addition to the standard front-wheel drive. The 3.6-liter V-6 engine comes with all-wheel drive, pairs with the nine-speed transmission, and when properly equipped, the larger engine can tow up to 4,000 pounds. With the SLE, you can get an optional heavy-duty radiator to help with cooling when you’re towing heavy loads.
Moving up the trim tiers, the third trim level is the SLT. Both the front-wheel and the all-wheel drive SLT models feature a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with 230 horsepower or the optional 3.6-liter V-6 engine. Plus, both engines pair with the nine-speed automatic transmission. With the larger V-6 engine, the SLT can tow up to 4,000 pounds. With the four-cylinder engine, the SUV can tow up to 1,000 pounds.
The new 2020 AT4, designed for on-road and off-road driving, comes exclusively with an advanced twin-clutch all-wheel drive system, nine-speed transmission, and the 3.6-liter V-6 engine. The advanced all-wheel drive gives the driver better control on rugged terrain with features like torque management, traction control, and StabiliTrak. Standard on the AT4 is the heavy-duty radiator and limited-slip differential. Because of the standard V-6 engine, the AT4 can tow up to 4,000 pounds.
When you’re looking for a luxury SUV, choose the Acadia Denali. Front-wheel drive and the 3.6 V-6 engine come standard, as does the Trailering Package which allows the Denali to tow up to 4,000 pounds. The interior upgrades on the Denali set this trim apart from the other levels. Enjoy the standard 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, Bose premium eight-speaker audio system, and leather upholstery.
Traction Select System
Standard in the Denali and optional in the SL, SLE, and SLT is GMC’s Traction Select System. With the simple turn of an easy-to-reach knob, the driver can switch between driving modes as the weather or terrain changes. The Traction Select System allows for several driving modes to choose from to enhance the vehicle’s performance, traction, and stability.
The full list of modes on the Traction Select System include:
- Tour: Use this mode for everyday driving and normal driving conditions to help with fuel economy.
- Sport: When driving on dry roads and when you want a bit more performance, quick acceleration, and handling, use Sport mode.
- Tow/Haul: This mode helps to improve and enhance the Acadia’s trailering and towing capability by helping to optimize traction with the extra weight you’re hauling.
- All-Wheel Drive: The all-wheel drive mode sends power to all four wheels to add extra traction when driving conditions deteriorate Ideal to use when driving in mud, or on wet roads.
- Snow/Ice: Use this mode to help with extra traction when driving in snowy or icy conditions. The mode is not intended to get unstuck, but to help with grip.
- Off-Road: Power to all four wheels and the lower gearing in off-road mode helps the vehicle gain traction on rough, uneven terrain.
- Terrain: When the driving conditions change frequently, you need a slow speed, or are pulling a trailer up or down a slippery boat launch ramp, terrain mode gives you extra control of the vehicle and trailer.
Standard Powertrain Features
All five trims have independent suspension, a front anti-roll bar, front coil springs, and gas-pressurized front shocks. Speed-sensing electric power-assist rack and pinion steering come standard on all trim levels of the Acadia.
OnStar Connected Services
For extra safety features, subscribe to GMC’s OnStar’s in-vehicle safety and security system. With a push of a button, you can call emergency services if you’re involved in a collision or accident, remotely access your vehicle’s information using your smartphone, and activate the vehicle’s 4G LTE Wi-Fi hot spot.
OnStar’s different plans include:
- Connected access.
- Remote access.
- Unlimited access.
- OnStar safety and security.
- OnStar safety and security plan plus remote access.
Safety and Driver-Assist Features
Driver-assist features help improve the safety of the vehicle and the occupants, especially when towing a trailer.
Standard driver-assist features include:
- Eight air bags.
- Brake assist.
- Electronic stability control with anti-roll.
- Traction control.
- Anti-lock brakes.
- Child seat anchors.
- Teen driver safety system.
Available driver-assist features include:
- Lane change alert.
- Blind-spot monitoring and alert.
- Rear cross-traffic alert.
- Rear park assist.
- High-definition rear vision camera.
- Forward-collision warning.
- Automatic emergency braking.
- Lane-keeping assist.
Tow Packages and Options
Improve the Acadia’s towing performance by adding the available Trailering Package. In addition, by adding the Active Tow System, you can monitor in real-time the trailer’s movement. The information gets displayed through the 8-inch touch screen mounted in the cabin of the Acadia.
Features included in the Trailering Package:
- 7-pin wiring system.
- Class III hitch.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitchview.
- Heavy-duty cooling system.
- 170-amp alternator.
Optional towing add-ons for select trims include:
- Premium trailering mirrors.
- Trailering camera system.
- Trailer sway control.
- Trailer brake controller.
- Automatic grade braking.
- Transmission temperature gauge.
We have a large inventory of both new and used GMC Acadia’s, so stop by Cochran Buick GMC today to learn more about this powerful SUV, to take advantage of our offers and incentives, and to take the Acadia for a test drive.
0 comment(s) so far on GMC Acadia Towing Capacity